[rt-users] Adding AdminCC on ticket creation fails without ModifyTicket right

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Dec 3 18:51:19 EST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:37:18 -0800, "Ken Crocker" <kfcrocker at lbl.gov>
said:
> I was just thinking that we are looking at the wrong cause. I have MANY
> users that are allowed to create tickets in a queue and NOT allowed to
> modify those tickets, yet, they are able to create a ticket with an
> AdminCc with no problems. I'm wondering if, perhaps, we should look at
> what rights have been granted to those users that are being listed as
> the ticket's AdminCc. Are they in a group we can look at? if not, we
> have to look at each user.

All Privileged users have Watch and WatchAsAdminCC in the queue I'm
creating the ticket in, and the user I was attempting to set as AdminCC
is Privileged.  Hmm.

Let me give the details of the permissions here...

I'm a Privileged user, in the Net Support group.  I'm attempting to
create the ticket in the PC Support queue.  User I'm attempting to set
as AdminCC is also in Net Support.

Privileged users have these permissions in the PC Support queue:
CreateTicket CommentOnTicket SeeQueue ShowOutgoingEmail ShowTicket
ShowTicketComments Watch WatchAsAdminCC

PC Support group members have these additional rights in the PC Support
queue:
AssignCustomFields OwnTicket StealTicket TakeTicket

Owner role also has the right ModifyTicket