[rt-users] RT response time

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Tue Dec 8 06:22:39 EST 2009

Thanks Matthew,
I use Firebug during the development but for my purposes I would need
something robotic collecting and stating in the back ground, although
some its suggestions/recommendations is not always useful.
I have considered/ing the web logs, and using 'rt_base_time', but both
these are server responses (which logically should be all I need),
however the powers above me (and to a certain extent have a good point),
suggests that the server time is a fraction of the time it takes to
display a page and I have tested on a DualCore 2.6 GH with 2G ram
running windows xp no applications except using IE7 pulling an average
ticket with 9 updates -no attachments and few ticket custom fields , the
rt_base_time was ~ 1.5 seconds however it took around 8 seconds for the
page to display .. This done few times at different time of the day, the
link between my client and the rt server is Gig link ..

Does anyone else see this slowness?

Roy