[rt-users] unprivileged users need to log in twice

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 9 18:15:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:40:32AM -0800, David Griffith wrote:

> Er...  Yeah!  I've been waiting for Debian to get a move on and put RT 3.8
> in the stable repositories, but with this zinger, I don't think I can
> wait.  It's time to install from source.

Hi David,

I'm the principal Debian maintainer of RT, and I'll certainly take a
look at the problem when I can (may not be until tomorrow evening
unfortunately).

I wonder if it is the same problem as

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560015>.

While I'm here though, I thought I could point out a few things about
general RT packaging in Debian.

Debian stable's update policy is not to upload new upstream releases
and we certainly wouldn't update from 3.6 to 3.8 in unstable. You
can read more about this at

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-getting.en.html#s-updatestable

However...

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 12:26:53PM -0800, David Griffith wrote:

> In other news, I'm having trouble with getting 3.8.6 installed on Debian
> Lenny.  Make testdeps keeps giving me this:
>
> SOME DEPENDENCIES WERE MISSING.
> FASTCGI missing dependencies:
>          CGI >= 3.38 ...MISSING
>                  CGI version 3.38 required--this is only version 3.29
> make: *** [testdeps] Error 1
>
> I'm very keen to get this installed alongside my existing RT setup rather
> than replacing it and having it go kablooie.

... it is not particularly hard to install RT 3.8.6 from
squeeze (testing):

http://pkg-request-tracker.alioth.debian.org/

http://wiki.debian.org/AptPinning
and
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

may also be useful. I have deployments of RT3.8 on both etch and lenny
and will generally make sure the packages work on both.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team