[rt-users] RT with authenticated mail server

Jignesh Parmar jignesh at aruhat.com
Fri Dec 11 03:07:56 EST 2009

Hi

I have a setup where RT is installed in specific server with it's own
email system.
And we have setup mails in such a way that my corporate group email id
has one additional email as RT's email id, so the ticket is getting
generated.
In RT's email queue, the configured email address is from corporate's
email. this is to hide mail system of RT.

Now, when RT sends any reply/notification, it show from address as
corporate's email.
Till now, we have anonymous access in our corporate email server, and
things were working find.

But, due to spam attack, our IT team has disallowed anonymous access in
our corporate email server, and made authentication compulsory.
Due to this RT's emails are getting bounced and are not getting
delivered to our corporate users.

Please let me know how to overcome this issue.

FYI, setup details is as follows:
    RT: installed in Linux with postfix having email address as
/<queues>@rt.corporate.co.in/
    Corporate Mail: /<users>@corporate.com/ on Microsoft Exchange
//    Group Mail id corporate users to generate ticket:
/it-admin at corporate.com/ which forwards mail to
/it-admin at rt.corporate.co.in/
    RT Queue: it-admin at rt.corporate.co.in is aliased to RT queue using
RT URL, and tickets getting generated in /it-admin/
    Queue: it-admin, reply to address as /it-admin at corporate.com/
    Autoreply/Notifications configured as usual
    Whole setup was working fine. But, after enabling authentication in
Exchange, it stopped working.

Regards,
Jignesh