[rt-users] Looking for more info on RT extension Asset Tracker

Mike Johnson Mike.Johnson at NorMed.ca
Fri Dec 11 09:13:44 EST 2009

Greetings all,

Can someone point me to either somewhere on the Asset Tracker project
page(http://code.google.com/p/asset-tracker-4rt/), or somewhere else on
the internet that has a good description of what AT does, perhaps with
some screenshots etc?

I'm trying to evaluate what AT does, and how it could work with our
organization...

I read through everything, and it says AT can track other things, but
the limited documentation then goes on to talk about DB tables of with
IPs and MAC addresses etc...

Just curious what the main purpose of AT is... tracking assets? or
tracking assets within a datacenter/static network layout... etc.

Thanks!

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON   P7B 5E1
Phone: 807.766.7331
Email: mike.johnson at normed.ca
Technology assistance: email nosmhelpdesk at normed.ca
Technology Emergency Contact (TEC) Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm excluding stat
holidays:
Off campus toll free 1-800-461-8777, option 8, or locally either
(705)-662-7120 or (807)-766-7500

------------------- Text.htm follows -------------------
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18854"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Greetings all,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Can someone point me to either somewhere on the Asset Tracker project =
page(<A href=3D"http://code.google.com/p/asset-tracker-4rt/">http://code.go=
ogle.com/p/asset-tracker-4rt/</A>), or somewhere else on the internet that =
has a good description of what AT does, perhaps with some screenshots =
etc?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I'm trying to evaluate what AT does, and how it could work with our =
organization... </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I read through everything, and it says AT can track other things, but =
the limited documentation then goes on to talk about DB tables of with IPs =
and MAC addresses etc... </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Just curious what the main purpose of AT is... tracking assets? or =
tracking assets within a datacenter/static network layout... etc.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Mike Johnson<BR>Datatel Programmer/Analyst<BR>Northern Ontario School =
of Medicine<BR>955 Oliver Road<BR>Thunder Bay, ON   P7B =
5E1<BR>Phone: 807.766.7331<BR>Email: <A href=3D"mailto:mike.johnson at normed.=
ca">mike.johnson at normed.ca</A></DIV>
<DIV>Technology assistance: email <A href=3D"mailto:nosmhelpdesk at normed.ca"=
>nosmhelpdesk at normed.ca</A> <BR>Technology Emergency Contact (TEC) =
Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm excluding stat holidays: <BR>Off campus toll free =
1-800-461-8777, option 8, or locally either <BR>(705)-662-7120 or =
(807)-766-7500<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>