[rt-users] unprivileged users need to log in twice

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 15 09:38:18 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 08:47:33AM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 03:46:52PM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > I'd be interested to know if the following patch fixes this on debian
> > stable.  You should be able to apply it with
> >
> > cd /usr/share/request-tracker3.6; patch < ErrHeadersOut.patch
> >
> > and a restart of apache
>
> Your patch seems to be missing :)

Pull d9ab3597c6193ac82d93bc7882c06f8eab7cbc86 out of the git repo

> Also I would like to advise against patching package-installed files
> directly in this way -- it's a very good way of getting confused as to
> which version of the software you have installed. I will happily supply
> a test package if required.

Unfortunately, without rebuilding a .deb and making that available,
this seems the easiest way for someone to test the patch.

> Thanks for looking at this, and sorry that I haven't been able to be
> more proactive.

I believe this will fix the report against lenny's request-tracker3.6,
but I have no idea what is going on with etch's request-tracker3.6 and
am unlikely to be able to install an etch system to test.  The bug
report in the debian tracker sounded like mismatched url/cookies

-kevin