[rt-users] RT doesn't send HTML emails

Shawn M Moore sartak at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 15 11:57:06 EST 2009

On 09/12/15 11:51, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a brand new setup( 3.8.4, DB migrated from 3.6.1), I was hoping to have email sent in HTML format, but it's not the case.
>
> I do have Set($PreferRichText, 1); in RT_SiteConfig.pm, but that doesn't solve my problem.
>
> I can see the WYSIWYG editor, tickets show with  font/colors etc.. in the GUI, but emails are still plain text.
>
> Do I have something else to configure ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Nicolas,

RT's templates are plaintext. If you want HTML versions of the
templates, you'll have to write them yourself. There may be useful
examples on the wiki.

In your RT distribution there's a file called docs/templates.pod with
more information about HTML templates.

That documentation also says "We welcome contributions of HTML-ization
of builtin templates." As far as I know we have had no such
contributions! :)

Shawn