[rt-users] Custom Field values are being deleted on ticket modification

Luis E. Muñoz lem at itverx.com.ve
Fri Dec 18 12:05:32 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 08:36 -0800, Ken Crocker wrote:
> If you have installed RT and are simply trying to set values for some
> Custom Fields before the customer uses RT, then why not simply use the
> "Bulk Update" feature? If you can identify the tickets in any way,
> that would be the way I would do it. I had a customer that added 1700
> tickets 'en masse. What he did was put "bulk-specific" info in the
> "Subject" field that allowed us to identify the records we wanted to
> "bulk update" with certain CF values. It took a little time, but
> worked like a charm. Sorry that's all the help I can provide.

The script is responsible for doing the configuration before shipping to
the customer. (ie, the system contains no tickets / users at that time).
The script is run so that queues, groups, permissions, etc. are set up
automatically and consistently.

I am now trying to add the CF definitions and allowed values for the
comboboxes, so the setup is complete out of the box.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

-lem