[rt-users] problem with basic configuration of rt-3.8.7 stripping domainname from incoming emails and setting default values

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:12:40 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 03:37:01PM +0100, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 probably very simple questions:
>
> question 1:
> ===========
> I have a basic auth working with autocreate users.
> The usernames are without domainname. It works, I'm happy.
>
> I have a form that does ticket creation via email.
> Users are automaticcally created but with the domainname in them. This
> make me not so happy :-)
>
> I tried these settings:
> Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch, '@onvz\.nl$');
> Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace, '');
>
> To strip the incoming domainname but it does not work.
> What am I missing here?
>
> question 2:
>
> kind regards,

Hi Jeroen,

Regarding your second question, that is really not a good idea.
The first part ("user") is not guaranteed to be unique across
all mail domains. This will result in misdirected tickets when
email addresses containing the same "user" part get dumped in
the first one to log a ticket's queue.

Regards,
Ken