[rt-users] Undefined value using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Mon Dec 21 14:02:59 EST 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:43:44 -0700, "Matt Adams"
<matt.adams at cypressinteractive.com> said:
> Out of the blue I am starting to get this error intermittently.  Does
> anyone have any idea what it might mean?
>
> Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at
> /home/rt/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
> line 304,  line 323.

Check all your ExternalAuth settings in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  Things like
'filter' and 'd_filter' cannot be empty, they must have some value.  I
have filter set to '(objectClass=*)' to always match, and d_filter set
to '(objectClass=ThisWillNeverMatch)' to never match (as I have no such
attribute in LDAP).