[rt-users] rt-3.8.6 is already installed... Error code 1

Zach Boettner zachb at oxfordsuites.com
Tue Dec 22 11:47:41 EST 2009

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the following error and how to resolve
it? I'm trying to install RT38 from the ports in FreeBSD 8. It creates the
/usr/local/www/rt38 directory but it is empty. And I get the following
error. How can I get past this? I am fairly new to FreeBSD and installation
of RT. Thanks!

===============================

.

===>   Generating temporary packing list

===>  Checking if www/rt38 already installed

===>   rt-3.8.6 is already installed

      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again

      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.

      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of www/rt38

      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"

      in your environment or the "make install" command line.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/rt38.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/rt38.