[rt-users] rt-3.8.6 is already installed... Error code 1

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 12:38:03 EST 2009

Zach Boettner wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why I am getting the following error and how to resolve
> it? I'm trying to install RT38 from the ports in FreeBSD 8. It creates the
> /usr/local/www/rt38 directory but it is empty. And I get the following
> error. How can I get past this? I am fairly new to FreeBSD and installation
> of RT. Thanks!

/usr/local/www/rt38 is actually meant to be empty.  It's the location for installing
customizations and add-on RT packages.

Look at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site-perl/5.10.1/RT, /usr/local/share/rt38 and /usr/local/etc/rt38 for the majority of the code.

Looks like you have actually managed to get RT installed successfully: all you
need now is to set up the database, sort out the Apache config and start using it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW