[rt-users] Is there an easy way to disable attach files?

Carlos Garcia Montoro cgarcia at ific.uv.es
Wed Dec 23 05:29:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm being responsible to deploy RT on our institution. My boss doesn't
want to allow the upload of attached files to tickets, so I'm disabling
it. I thought that it would be possible though etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm. I
have set MaxAttachmentSize to 0, but even with a 0 value the system let
me upload files which I can later retrieve (hence they are on the database).

I now that I can copy every share/html file where there is an "upload
field" to local/html and edit them to remove the code that shows this
field, but that means at least editing 3 pages (Ticket/Create.html,
Ticket/Update.html and Ticket/ModifyAll.html). Before I continue, I ask
myself, and want to ask you, if there is an easier/better way to disable
the upload of files.

Any advice is, as always, very welcome.

Regards, and Marry Christmas,
Carlos
--
| __ __ | Carlos García Montoro                    Ingeniero Informático
|_\_Y_/_| Instituto de Física Corpuscular         Centro Mixto CSIC - UV
|\_] [_/| Servicios Informáticos
|_______| España / Spain                              Fax: +34 963543488