[rt-users] unprivileged users need to log in twice

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Mon Dec 28 15:51:27 EST 2009

The double login prompt for unprivileged users was originally reported
by on RT3.6.

However, I just experienced it on 3.8.4 (installed from Ubuntu Karmic
package) after applying the RT patch for 3.8.0 - 3.8.5.

I tested that I definitely had the bug, only with unprivileged users
(1st login resulted in same blank login form but at the /SelfService/
url instead of the original $WebPath url), and only had it after
applying the security patch.

I fixed it by removing a partial condition from a section of the patch:

+unless ($session{'CurrentUser'} && $session{CurrentUser}->id) {

became:

+unless ($session{'CurrentUser'}
+ # && $session{CurrentUser}->id
+ ) {

and now it works again.

Not sure what the consequence of this is, or if it is significant that
CurrentUser is enclosed in single quotes in one part of the condition
and none in the other.

Allen