[rt-users] Dashboard deleted but still send

Shawn M Moore sartak at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 4 14:39:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 01:53:11PM +0100, Alexander Bourgett wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Alexander,

I tried reproducing the problem but couldn't. :(

> RT now started to send out this deleted dashboard daily per email and
> I'm not able to stop it doing so as it does not appear in Dashboard
> menu anymore.

When the email script detects a missing dashboard, it alerts the user
with a different email (using the 'Error: Missing dashboard' template).
Then the script deletes the subscription (since the user would have no
other way to disable that daily email).

If the dashboard isn't showing up in the menu, either you deleted it (in
which case RT should quickly stop mailing you about it) or you don't
have permission to see it. If you log in as root and check its
dashboards, is the rogue dashboard still there?

> I tried creating a new dashboard again with the same
> name as the deleted one and deleted this again.

Names aren't actually used for identifying dashboards, they're just used
for display. Internally, it's all id-based. :)

> Now I got the following error message, which is the first error I
> found in the logs regarding dashboard:
>
> [warning]: Unable to load dashboard 493 of subscription 494 for user root:
> Failed to load dashboard 493: Couldn't find row
> (/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-email-dashboards:120)

You should have also gotten a single email saying that the dashboard
with id 493 was missing. Did you?

Are you still getting messages about the original dashboard that was
created by root then deleted?

> Does anybody know what went wrong? Or is this a known bug?

This is the first news I've heard of this bug. I'd like to get to the
bottom of it!

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards
> Alexander Bourgett