[rt-users] RT Book : does it worth?

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Feb 6 04:17:55 EST 2009

Hello Andrea!

We bought the book, it is not the ultimative guide
to set up a working ticket infrastructure.
But it gives you some ideas how RT works, some
nice examples. And it costs 30 bucks, and if it saves
you 1 hour it is a good buy.

The difference between 3.6 and 3.8 are marginal
It is more or less only on the WebInterface (and you can
still configure 3.8 to look like 3.6).

But I think a really good book which gives you
an idea about how to set up ticket infrastructures
in complex and/or large environments would
be helpful

It should not only handle the technical part but also how
to organize your queues. For this kind of information I
think I would spend more than 30 bucks.

regards

sven