[rt-users] RT full text indexing with PostgreSQL

Rafael Martinez r.m.guerrero at usit.uio.no
Fri Feb 6 05:01:31 EST 2009

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 09:41:42PM -0600, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>>> I just updated the PostgreSQLFullText pages on the wiki with
>>> the triggers to keep the parsed document columns updated whenever
>>> there is a change to the dependent columns.

Hello Kenneth

First of all thank you for this work. We have been waiting for this for
a long time but the work we thought had to be done with the RT-code has
stopped us to implement full text search.

After a close check of the wiki page:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/PostgreSQLFullText ....

I think that the patch of DBIx::SearchBuilder is not 100%
complete/correct. All lines has the '-' (minus) symbol. I suppose that
at least some of them should be '+' and not '-'?

This is a tiny patch, would not be an idea to implement this in RT-core
functionality, maybe with some config parameters that
activate/deactivate full text search (when using postgresql/oracle, etc)  .

regards
--
 Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero at usit.uio.no>
 University of Oslo, Norway