[rt-users] Hardware Config

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Feb 9 17:07:31 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 21:55 +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:
> I've been following this discussion (rather belatedly) with some
> interest.  One thing I haven't heard anyone discuss yet:
>
> Has anyone tried running RT in a virtual machine?

Our current production system is a VM. It currently is configured with
4GB of RAM and 2 processors (32-bit). We use a SAN on the backend for
storage as well (XioTech, IIRC.)

Our system has been live for about three weeks and it just passed 1K
tickets.

Things seem snappy, though we experienced some slowdown after our
initial cut. This was due to memory leaks in mod-perl (we restart apache
every night now) and some queries that could have used some indexes
(which BP, operating within a support contract, helped us create.)

HTH

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot