[rt-users] Hardware Config

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Feb 10 06:16:11 EST 2009

> I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting a little uncomfortable
> with your posts (to RT-Users and to the Wiki) being little more than an
> advert for proxmox rather than a real contribution to the community.

Hi Mike,

Someone asked about experiences from others, I posted mine - I am working with VMware products for years and I also built certified appliances for VMware ESX (with Postgres databases inside). So I just thought I will share my personal experience here.

"Real" contributions to the RT community:

I think our RT appliance is a quite real contribution. Just to mention, we published the appliance and also the way we build it (with dab, GPL licensed).
Proxmox VE is GPL, also the RT appliance. So all I mentioned are GPL products - available for free for everyone.

FYI: we discussed this with bestpractical and they liked it.

> I'm not saying I don't want you mentioning it, but I personally would
> appreciate it if you could tone down the advertising.

I post my experience with RT and virtualization and the way we work at Proxmox. If you are interested - read it. If not, just ignore it.
But if you feel still uncomfortable, maybe I can give you more information to let you feel better :-)?

BTW, quite a lot downloaded our RT appliance and there are already some system in productions - increasing the RT community - so we can't be that wrong.

Br, Martin
http://pve.proxmox.com