[rt-users] [Fwd: Re: Hardware Config]

Calvin Chiang calvin at utilyx.com
Wed Feb 11 09:58:45 EST 2009

Hi there,

i've been running RT 3.8.1 in an ubuntu8.04 vm on vmware esxi (free) for
just over two weeks.
the VM is super weedy - 32bit, 256MB RAM, vdisk size 2GB , havent put
any settings on processor limits yet.

It's running on local storage on a really on Dell blade.

It's my IT support RT system, so at present i'm the only one who uses
it. it gets about 10 new tickets a day, and 50ish transactions a day. it
handles everything pretty well for such a slow machine...

Cassandra L. Brockett wrote:
> I run it that way in production here, I also happen to have a copy of the machine that I use for testing major changes, etc...
>
> I did not that 3.4 and 3.6 where horribly slow for us, but it turned out to be a fault of the way that those revisions used the PostgreSQL backend, not RT or the system, 3.8.2 is screaming along for us.
>
> --
> Cass

Calvin Chiang
Network Admin
Utilyx
1st Floor, 55 North Wharf Road
Paddington
London, W2 1LA
Tel: 020 7087 8673
www.utilyx.com

--
Calvin Chiang
Network Admin
Utilyx
1st Floor, 55 North Wharf Road
Paddington
London, W2 1LA
Tel: 020 7087 8673
www.utilyx.com

"Utilyx" is the trading name of "Utilyx Limited" and "Utilyx Risk Management Limited" (URML). URML is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Utilyx. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Utilyx. Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.