[rt-users] WG: change Queue order !!!

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 11 13:48:35 EST 2009

JAlexson,

	I, too, have wondered if there was a way to modify RT to allow a User
to select one specific Queue as the one to appear first on the
drop-down. In our installation, a User may be able to create tickets in
many queues, but 90% of these may be in one queue.
	Jesse, are there any plans to allow some sort of option to allow a user
to select the order queues appear in the drop-down? Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL

On 2/11/2009 6:49 AM, J Alexson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 16:49 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>> Just curious why you want to create Low, Normal, High and other queues
>> when you have Priority field?
>>

> Good question!  The main reason is to keep things as simple as possible
> for the user.  Each of the queues has appropriate defaults (such as
> priority, due in # days, etc.)  Rather than trying to instruct my users
> (primarily requestors) to fill in these values correctly (and honestly,
> getting them filled in at all), I can simply have them create a ticket
> in the right queue based on the nature of their problem.
>
>> Anyway, you can add special portlets and instead of one QuickSearch
>> block you'll have three, for example:
>> * first one with Low, Normal....
>> * other queues
>> * approvals
>>
> That would be great for the Quick Search, but the sorting order also
> comes into play using the drop-downs (moving a ticket to a different
> queue, for instance)

>>> I wouldn't mind seeing a "Sort" field added to the configuration of
>>> queues -- similar to the one when creating values for a multi-select
>>> custom field.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I used the cheap and easy workaround of inserting a
>>> sort code at the beginning of the queue name.  So, my alpha sorted
>>> queues look like:
>>>
>>> 1-Low          (1-5 are my "input" queues, with 2-Normal the default)
>>> 2-Normal
>>> 3-High
>>> 4-Urgent