[rt-users] Fwd: Retroactive scrip-ing

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:07:27 EST 2009

forgot to cc the list again :P itchy send finger, sorry Gene.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Gene LeDuc <gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu> wrote:
> I think I'd write a perl script to read each ticket and then e-mail it back
> to RT.  Not very elegant and a significant bump in your mail server's
> workload, but you know that they would all be treated as new tickets.  This
> should be a pretty trivial script to write using the API.

Mail server's not working very hard right now, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If i follow this right, this will create a new set of tickets with
what i want, but the originals will still remain as-is, yes?  I
suppose i could destroy the originals after i verify it worked.

Thanks, i'll take a poke at this.

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase