[rt-users] Create standard request forms with RT

L B bertignac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:05:00 EST 2009

Hello all,

 I use RT 3.8.2. People are creating tickets to request things, and
sometimes they forget some details. I would like to create a set of
"standard request forms", ideally somewhere in RT, that will create
tickets with a summary of the details.

Exemple : request for an DNS entry will create a ticket in the DNS
queue, with me as an owner and with this content :

FQDN: something.bestpractical.com
IP: 10.1.1.1
TTL (optionnal): 3600

For example. This is filled in by the user in a form, the ticket can
be created with the rt command line, command by email, or anything
else.

I have more complex requests, for example a request for a new server,
that will create a ticket "new server", with childs such as "install
physically the server", "request an IP", "configure the DNS" etc...
And I'll consider the server "installed" when all the child will be
resolved.

My problem is which tool can I use to create these forms ? Is there
something for this in RT or should I use something else ?

--
L.B.