[rt-users] Retroactive scrip-ing

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:23:18 EST 2009

In the latest RT rt-crontool can be used for this. It has transaction
and transaction-type arguments that can be very helpful, for example
you can apply an action on all corresponds in tickets matching some
search query and/or condition.

However, you must understand that if your action changes a ticket then
dates will be updated what can be undesired. I think linear escalation
action in RT can give you hints on silencing updates.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Rob Munsch <rob.munsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have queues, CFs, scrips and such set up more or less the way i want
> them.  For now.  Until the department heads get back to me again.
>
> While configging things, i collected about 10k tickets into the
> General queue in various stages of completeness.  Other queues weren't
> set up yet, CFs weren't being captured, etc. etc., so they remain in
> General with empty CFs.
>
> What would be the least-painful way of running all 10k of them thru
> the system as if they were being created, i.e. having all scrips apply
> to them now that we would have wanted when they came it?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> --
> /chown -R us:us /yourbase