[rt-users] Sending multipart messages from templates

Andy Jones adjones at cca.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:29:20 EST 2009

Hi, folks.

I'm interested in making our correspondence from RT a little
prettier-- that is, including some HTML.  I've created a template that
uses HTML successfully and the message appears to be working just fine.

The problem I'm running into is that some folks in our office don't
use email clients that display HTML.  I'd like to send a multipart
message, but I can't seem to get the configuration right-- if it's at
all possible.  Has anyone figured this out?  I've combed through the
archives, but I haven't found anything dealing with this particular
issue.

The template I'm working with has the following information at the
beginning:

Subject: Ticket [{$rtname} #{$Ticket->id}] has been stolen

When I try changing the Content-Type to multipart/alternative or
multipart/mixed, RT simply fails to send the message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy

Andy Jones