[rt-users] Severe performance problems suddenly in RT 3.8.2

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 11:51:57 EST 2009

We migrated our RT server to RT 3.8.2 a week ago, and all went well
until today, when suddenly we've been hit by a massive performance
problem.  It seems that almost any query which touches the Attachments
table takes an absolute age to complete.  For example, I've just
logged into the MySQL database itself directly, and done:

select count(*) from Attachments;

and I've been waiting for a couple of minutes, with nothing coming back.

Is there anything I ought to be looking at?  The database server is
MySQL 5.0.32

Tim