[rt-users] Autocreated on ticket submission - Quert Builder

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 19 12:57:11 EST 2009

Bashir,

	What Mike was telling you is that if the "BOTTOM" box is checked for a
user, they can have privileges. This means that if you grant the
"OwnTicket" right globally to Privileged users, then all these
requestors that send in tickets via email will have the right to OWN a
ticket, hence they appear on the drop-down. So, you can do a couple
different things to resolve this.
	1) Uncheck the bottom box on these Users. This could turn out to be a
long, ongoing process unless you can set your RT_SiteConfig.pm file to
allow them to become unprivileged users only (Top box checked ONLY). I'm
not sure what that setting is, perhaps Mike knows.
	2) Remove the Global settings for "OwnTicket" and perhaps others like
"TakeTicket", "StealTIcket", "DeleteTicket", etc.  from Privileged Users
or "Everyone" and  grant those rights to groups of users. That way
privileges are more defined in who can do what and your queries will run
MUCH faster as well.
	Hopes this helps.

Kenn
LBNL