[rt-users] Still tryin' to merge tix with matching CFs

Rob Munsch rob.munsch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:38:00 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Raed El-Hames <rfh at vialtus.com> wrote:
> What happens if you create the ticket first, then update /modify it adding
> the CF and link relationship after ..

I'm not sure what you mean; this is the chain of events already.  The
ticket comes in, and ExtractCustomFieldValues scans the body for info
that goes into custom fields as it's created.

Some tickets will need to spawn other tickets.  Since they're related
to the same task / info / event, they need to have the same CF data.
But since they have the same CF data, the ticket Create event merges
it into the parent or referrer or whatever.

I guess what i want is tickets that are created via email submission
should be merged without user intervention, but manually created
tickets should not.

> Its more clicks for the users but may work for you ..

I do not envision success telling the users that, heh.

> In a way  I think there is some contradictions on what you doing, you want
> all tickets with the same CF to merge , but at the same time you want some
> not to

Yeah, i guess more precisely it's how they're created that's
important.  Automated systems may spew 2-10 notifications about the
same event, and they arrive via email, and they should all be one
ticket.  A user creating a ticket by hand should be trusted to be
creating a new ticket for a reason and not get it automerged.

If i can't solve this, i either can't automerge all the automated
duplicates, or i can't use links.  Neither option is attractive.

Clunky last resort at this point seems to be to clear the CF on the
form when following the Create link from Links... box, then add them
back afterwards.  Bleh.

--
/chown -R us:us /yourbase