[rt-users] Plugins to Include in Main RT release

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Mon Feb 23 06:14:00 EST 2009

Andrea Perotti wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I'd like to open a poll to list all the Plugins mostly used by RT
> users. This, I suppose, should be useful to both rt users and rt
> creators to deliver the best RT ever, by including features born outside
> upstream but included and used by a lot of people.

I personally think this is a task being handled well by the
BestPractical team already. When a plugin comes to maturity and has a
proven wide user base it gets included into a release.

> Is it better maybe to have a wiki page for that?

There is already a triplet of wiki pages relating to
modifications/extensions/plugins.

> Excluding handmade plugins, could be interesting to post the output of :
>
> fgrep Plugins RT_SiteConfig.pm
>
> this is mine :
>
> #Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete)));
> Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Extension::ResetPassword)));
> Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Extension::MandatorySubject)));

This is an invalid way to define extensions as each declaration will
override the previous. You should use, for example:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ResetPassword
RT::Extension::MandatorySubject));

Then, adding QuickDelete would give:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ResetPassword
RT::Extension::MandatorySubject RT::Extension::QuickDelete));

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com