[rt-users] Second Instance Of RT (for branding purposes)

Doug Eubanks admin at dougware.net
Mon Feb 23 11:52:14 EST 2009

I'm trying to setup a second instance of RT that has a different branding,
but uses the same SQL server, etc.

I copied my existing (and working) RT installation over to a new directory.
Then I created the new instance in Apache in the httpd.conf, changing the
file locations to the new directories.  Then I edited the RT_SiteConfig.pm
file to reflect the new file locations.

For some reason, the errors are showing up in the original directory's logs
and the error returned is:
[Mon Feb 23 15:47:56 2009] [warning]: [Mason] Cannot resolve file to
component: /opt/rt3-[NEWBRAND]/share/html/index.html (is file outside
component root?) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 853.
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm:853)

The browser returns a 404 error.

What am I missing?  Is it not possible to run two RT instances on the same
server?

Sincerely,
Doug Eubanks
admin at dougware.net