[rt-users] Trying to track a bug with WYSIWYG editor, IE7 and RTx-EmailCompletion

Alex Young alexyoung at scoutsolutions.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 11:45:14 EST 2009

Hi,

          I'm trying to track down a bug I am experiencing with RT, its
WYSIWYG editor, IE7 and RTx-EmailCompletion.

On my install when RT inserts content automatically into the body of the
WYSIWYG editor.

I only get this error when using Internet Explorer 7 (Haven't tried
other IE versions). Firefox doesn't suffer.

If I insert and RTFM article, my user signature (set under users
preferences), or hit reply/comment on a ticket transaction it posts the
info correct into the WYSIWYG editor window. When submitting that page
the transaction content randomly inserts spaces, line breaks, and chops
off the end of the content.

If I disable RTx-EmailCompletion it works fine.

I also have a JavaScript error in IE7 when RTx-EmailCompletion is
enabled;
Line: 2
Char: 1

Error: Syntax error
Code: 0

This error shows on every page. Looks like it's a problem with
RTx-EmailCompletion. It doesn't give a JS error in Firefox.

Has anyone else had this problem or been able to fix it?