[rt-users] Ticket taken twice

Joachim Thuau jthuau at heavy-iron.com
Wed Feb 25 15:25:39 EST 2009

Hello,

I have RT-3.6.1, postgres backend, apache with mod_perl.

We just stumbled upon a funny situation. I'm hoping one of you is going
to be able to help me sort it out.

A few minutes ago, 2 helpdesk techs used the "take" button, at pretty
much the same time. Upon closer inspection, here are the interesting
bits:

The history, under "display", of that ticket shows the following output
in the history:
[create ticket bits here]
#    	Wed Feb 25 11:35:50 2009  	 Tom   - Taken

#   	Wed Feb 25 11:35:50 2009 	 Geoff - Taken

I asked Geoff to give the ticket back to Tom. When Geoff tried to set
the owner to Tom, RT threw an error: "Could not change owner. Group
already has member". So it looks like "Owner" is a group that, for this
ticket, has 2 principals (which, I believe, it shouldn't have). We tried
to "steal" the ticket, give it to nobody, and everytime, we get an error
"Could not change owner. Group already has member".

So the question is: how do I go about making the ticket behave properly?
I suppose I need to go into the DB and fix it there. And I suppose some
code probably needs to be fixed so that race condition doesn't happen
(or is it fixed in newer versions?).

Thank you,
Jok