[rt-users] ERROR 1062 during 3.4.5 -> 3.8.2 database update

Jim Faulkner james.faulkner at yale.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:55:37 EST 2009

One more follow up -- turns out that the ERROR 1062 was due to a failed
database dump and restore.  I needed to add "--set-charset=binary" to my
mysqldump command line when dumping the old RT database, and just in case
I added "set names 'binary'" to the top of the resulting dump before
importing it.  After that the sql.queries generated by
upgrade-mysql-schema.pl worked fine without modifying the queries.

Jim Faulkner / james.faulkner at cs.yale.edu
Systems Administrator, Linux Systems Design & Support (LSDS)
Yale University Information Technology Services (ITS)