[rt-users] Button that Create an Approval Ticket

Conrad Gratz gratz.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:52:57 EST 2009

I'm  newbie at RT and could use some help. I have created a new install
of RT 3.8.2 on linux using oracle and am in the process of configuring
it. One of the queues I have created creates an approval ticket in
another queue I have created for this. This all works fine.

Now I want to make a  button for tickets in a third queue that will
create a child ticket in this same approvals queue. I was able to do
this using the code found at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CreateChildTicket. This ticket is
created there but it is an ordinary ticket not an approvals ticket. I
have tried various ways to set the type of the ticket to 'approval' but
the child tickets are always showing up in the normal list of tickets,
not under the Approvals button on the home page as they normally do.

What do I need to do to make the child tickets become approval tickets?

Thanks,

Conrad Gratz
gratz.1 at osu.edu