[rt-users] REST add/update a user

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Fri Feb 27 18:31:58 EST 2009

> Can we please get some example code for this up somewhere so those of us
> that have automated employee fulfillment workflows can integrate this
> fairly easily? At the moment, I've a JSP utility that is used to create
> new users, and I'd like pre-instantiate the RT user for them (While we do
> use the ExternalAuth LDAP integration, the user still needs to login once
> for IT to add them to the proper queue...)

Well, I can tell you off the top of my head that what you POST is XML, but
the contents of that XML are not what you would think.  You want one
parameter called "content" that contains the RFC822 formatted form as I
described, and that's all thats in the XML.  You can see a lot of the fields
you can set in the form by doing "/opt/rt/bin/rt edit -t user <someuser>"

If you want actual code, that'll take longer and I don't have time today.
And any code I show you will be in ruby.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/