[rt-users] Ticket/comment import

David Clymer david at hrcsb.org
Mon Jan 5 10:54:03 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 10:50 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:07:50AM -0500, David Clymer wrote:
> > I'm considering moving to RT 3.8.1 from another ticket tracking system,
> > but would really like to preserve at least some of the data from the old
> > system. It seems like it would be fairly easy to import basic ticket
> > information into RT, but its not clear to me how to import ticket
> > comments.
>
> One option is to disable all your scrips and call the comment/correpsond
> methods.  What System are you looking to move from? Someone else may
> have already created a converter.

I'm moving from IRM (http://irm.stackworks.net/), which is terrible.

The problem I have is that I need to create the ticket, then capture
that ticket ID so that I know what ticket to associate comments with.

It would be really handy to be able to do:

rt create -t ticket ... |rt edit -/comment ...

-davidc

--
The opposite of faith is certainty -Ann LaMont