[rt-users] On Comment set to open

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 7 11:12:23 EST 2009

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:03:19 -0500, Dave Wells <dave.wells at foreshore.net>
wrote:

> Thanks very much for the info, makes sense now.
>
> If I change html/Ticket/Update.html to set the status default to new, do
> you think this would cause any issues?

I think this code (along with the global scrip) is just helping to
implement the business rule that any change to a new ticket automatically
opens the ticket. That way, you can distinguish between untouched tickets
and ones that are actively being worked on.

So if you don't want that business rule, I don't think there'd be any harm
in removing the code. I do think it would be neater to remove the code, so
that the drop-down default is whatever the ticket status is.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - SAIS