[rt-users] Exchange 2007 setup with RT3

Blake Turner blake at eos-3.com
Wed Jan 7 12:49:31 EST 2009

Helmuth,

Is there any documentation with step-by-step instructions? I have never
worked with RT before, and never even looked at Postfix either. It seems
like a lot to take on, but I am willing to try it to get RT working
properly. I have the contacts and mailboxes setup as you had shown in your
example, but my setup is a bit more confusing right now. I have a test
domain (that will soon be me actual domain, once I get everything
fine-tuned) but the mail for this domain is setup for a different domain,
again for testing.

So I have Support at Domain2.com setup as a mailbox in Exchange. It is set to
forward mail to my mail contact named RTSupport with the address of
RTSupport at rt3.Domain1.com (rt3.domain1.com is the FQDN of my RT3 server). I
set the reply address of my support queue in RT to Support at Domain2.com so
now I just need to figure out exactly how to setup an email address on the
RT server for RTSupport at rt3.domain1.com and then how to send the mail back
to Exchange from the RT server ? is that right ? lol