[rt-users] performance with mason_handler.fcgi

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 10:08:28 EST 2009

I recently posted regarding some performance issues after a migration from RT2.0.15 to RT3.8.1.  I originally thought it might be a mysql issue, but I think it's apache and the Mason FCGI.  The system will be practically 100% idle until I view a ticket.  While the ticket is slowly coming up in the browser, the system goes to 0% idle, with the "mason_handler.fcgi" taking 3/4 of the CPU and memory, and mysql taking most of the rest.  This is currently running on a VirtualBox with 512M memory.  Is this not sufficient memory?  Or is something else not tuned correctly?
Any ideas would be great.

Both standard with Slackware 12.2:

Apache = 2.2.10
mysql  = 5.0.67