[rt-users] Text::Template versions (was Re: [Rt-announce] RT 3.8.2 Released)

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:41:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:34:44AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> * newer Text::Template which claims to have fixed the T:: cleanup,
> otherwise
>  scrips in batch stage may be delayed [sartak]

I note you have declared a dependency on Text::Template 1.45.

Examining the changes between Text::Template 1.44 (which is nearly 6
years old) and 1.45 (released last year) I can't see a single code
change. The only things that changes are the documentation, package
metadata, version numbers, and test suite. There's also no changelog
entry for 1.45 in the distribution.

What am I missing? Could the dependency be relaxed to some other version
of Text::Template? I can't see any particularly relevant entry in the
T::T changelog, but I don't quite understand the above RT changelog
entry either.

Cheers,
Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team