[rt-users] RT3 and ITIL

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri Jan 9 09:46:52 EST 2009

Mike Peachey schrieb:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>
>> Does
>> your boss know which of the ITIL areas/practices/functions he's looking
>> to implement?
>>

> Sorry.. I *HAVE* to chip in here having been on the receiving end before:
>
> Does your boss know what ITIL means? Or has he just been handed a
> buzzword from a more senior manager or (more likely) a
> corporate-sponsored newsletter/magazine?

I'm not sure.
;-)
Maybe he just wants to go with a commercial package.

I will try to figure out what he actually wants.
I can install and configure RT on a weekend (started using it seriously
with 3.4), but figuring out the processes beyond the built-in stuff
takes way longer.
And I can't do that alone, because whatever I implement will most likely
be wrong in the eyes of the people who decide on it.

Rainer