[rt-users] shipwright tarball for RT 3.8.1 ?

Andrew Cobaugh phalenor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:38:07 EST 2009

First problem I encountered was with ncurses. Tic likes to use
hardlinks to process terminfo. However, AFS doesn't support hard
links, so I had to add --enable-symlinks to the ncurses build script.

Next problem came with the build of cpan-DBIx-SearchBuilder. CPAN
seems to be asking to select a geographic region over and over again:

(1) Africa
(2) Asia
(3) Central America
(4) Europe
(5) North America
(6) Oceania
(7) South America
Select your continent (or several nearby continents) []
Sorry! since you don't have any existing picks, you must make a
geographic selection.

ctrl-c'ing out of that loop, I get this:

build cpan-DBIx-SearchBuilder configure part with failure.
 at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 379
        main::_install('cpan-DBIx-SearchBuilder', 'GLOB(0x9b99630)')
called at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 287
        main::install() called at ./bin/shipwright-builder line 200

Also, is it possible to pass separate install and destination
directories to shipwright-builder? I see myself in a situation where I
will be installing this into a readonly replicated volume. With AFS,
any volume that's replicated has its read-write version accessible
under /afs/.cellname, also known as the dot-path. Perl actually
detects this, and will automatically install into the dot path, but
everything will reference the normal path. It would be nice if the
other dists in the vessel could accept multiple paths - the path where
everything will ultimately reside, and the path to install to. This
would also be helpful if I want to stage the install somewhere else
temporarily.

--andy