[rt-users] DB upgrade for RT 3.8 fails

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Thu Jan 15 05:09:48 EST 2009

Anybody? :S

Without any other clues, and out of curiosity, and not really
following exactly what is supposed to be the correct upgrade procedure
:P I tried the following:

run schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl and apply the generate SQL
go to each directory in the source under etc/upgrade and apply any
schema.mysql files to my DB

After this on the face of it I have a working RT3.8, but I dont really
know if this is a robust way of upgrading and how likely I am to
encounter problems later :S For example I complete ignored all the
"content" files as I dont know what they are for :S

thanks, Andy.