[rt-users] DB upgrade for RT 3.8 fails

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Thu Jan 15 10:19:49 EST 2009

Hi All,

   OK I think I have a solution to my problem which I hope results in
a correctly upgrade database. The last piece of the puzzle, is what
are the "content" files and what do you need to do with them? Well I
guessed that you are meant to do this:

  rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
./etc/upgrade/3.8.1/content  --dba root

for each file (in order).

So my end solution would be:

1) install RT 3.8 to new dir
2) going thro each directory in order in etc/upgrade apply the files
as necessary until 3.8.0. schema files are applied by redirecting into
a mysql session and contect files are loaded with rt-setup-database
(as above).
3) run schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl and apply the resulting SQL to the database
4) apply the final directories in etc/upgrade as above to take to
version 3.8.1

Bit more of an effort than a single command, but it seems good to me
(ignorance is bliss ;) ).

thanks, Andy.