[rt-users] DB upgrade for RT 3.8 fails

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Jan 15 10:41:02 EST 2009

Andy Smith <a.smith at ukgrid.net> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>OK I think I have a solution to my problem which I hope results in
>a correctly upgrade database. The last piece of the puzzle, is what
>are the "content" files and what do you need to do with them? Well I
>guessed that you are meant to do this:
>
> rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
>./etc/upgrade/3.8.1/content  --dba root
>for each file (in order).
>
>So my end solution would be:
>
>1) install RT 3.8 to new dir
>2) going thro each directory in order in etc/upgrade apply the files
>as necessary until 3.8.0. schema files are applied by redirecting into
>a mysql session and contect files are loaded with rt-setup-database
>(as above).
>3) run schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl and apply the resulting SQL to the database
>4) apply the final directories in etc/upgrade as above to take to
>version 3.8.1
>
>Bit more of an effort than a single command, but it seems good to me
>(ignorance is bliss ;) ).

Those are exactly the instructions for 3.8.0.  I don't know about 3.8.1.
In 3.8.2, you can upgrade the database via two steps.  First, upgrading
using rt-setup-database and inputting the version you want to stop at, then
completing the steps revolving around schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl.

Is there any reason you are not upgrading to 3.8.2?  There are many bug
fixes in 3.8.2 and many features/shortcuts that existed in 3.6.x but were
missing in 3.8.0 and 3.8.1.  In my opinion, you don't want to be running
3.8.1...

James