[rt-users] Hardware Config

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 16 17:12:08 EST 2009

> I'm definitely not an expert on how mysql utilizes system memory, but on
> 32-bit Linux systems, isn't the max amount of memory a single process can
> use 2 GB?

There are (fairly standard) patches to the kernel to remove that limit.
And there are known issues with mysql on 32 bit linux and using more
than 2 gigs of ram. But Mathew also didn't say they'd gone and installed
32-bit Linux (which can't properly take advantage of their hardware)
instead of a proper 64-bit linux distribution.

There are certainly plenty of issues one should be aware of here. Then
again, if everyone was fully up to speed on all these issues, I might be
out a job ;)

Best,
Jesse