[rt-users] Large, frequent file attachments and RT

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jan 27 07:45:27 EST 2009

Hello all,

I have an application in mind where requestors would frequently need to
submit file attachments alongside their requests, and some of these
files will be rather large.  The ticket handlers would need to use those
files and also to manage groups of files by any particular requestor.
Including the files themselves within the RT database seems like a poor
idea, and I get the impression I may not be the first one with such
requirements.  I was wondering if anybody could point me in the
direction of mods to RT (or something) that will store references to
the files only within the database and store the files themselves on
an actual file system?

Regards,
--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,