[rt-users] Easy install guide for RT3.8.1 On Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Jan 27 13:08:57 EST 2009

Derrick Smith wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> 	I recently setup RT and wanted to integrate it with my AD
> infrastructure.  Through the use of these mailing lists, other forums,
> RT wiki and Google I've been able to get RT running and LDAP
> authentication working but I was under the impression that when a user
> logs into RT using their LDAP user/password a user is created within RT
> automatically.  Is this incorrect?
>
> 	When I log in as a domain user I'm granted unprivileged access
> (which is okay) but the user does not show up in the user list if I then
> login as a privileged user (root).  Has anyone else had this problem?  I
> believe RT_SiteConfig is configured correctly but I've added it to this
> email for further review.  I've also attached the ldap authentication
> log (rt.log).

1. You ought to make sure you're using ExternalAuth v0.08 - the
configuration you supplied suggests a slightly older version as, for
example, the 'auth' and 'info' lines in the LDAP config have been
deprecated.

2. I'm willing to bet that you've come across the most simple of issue
that confuses every new RT admin.

The user list only every lists "privileged" users by default. If you
want other users to show up you need to specify a search in which they
would appear as a result.

If you truly want to see ALL users in RT, I recommend the following search:

Search for all users whose "username" "isn't" "z". That should show up
all your users (unless you have one with the username 'z' :) ).
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com