[rt-users] why does RT alter the mail header order?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 27 15:39:50 EST 2009

Following up on my own post:

 RFC 2822, 3.6:
 ...for the purposes of this standard, header fields SHOULD NOT be reordered
 when a message is transported or transformed.  More importantly, the trace
 header fields and resent header fields MUST NOT be reordered, and SHOULD be
 kept in blocks prepended to the message.

So, if we're reordering the received lines, it's a bug I'd like to see fixed.
Assuming they don't otherwise compromise the system (which is really, always the case),
patches would most certainly be welcome.

Best,
Jesse