[rt-users] Ticket Forward Problem With Thunderbird

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 27 15:46:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:54:19AM -0500, Alan Cheng wrote:

> I am attaching the original email below to show that the attachment
> "forwarded message.eml" is uuencoded.  Perhaps there is an option
> somewhere to change this to MIME encoding instead?  The uuencoded
> portion was modified a little bit to protect the content since this is a
> real ticket in our system.

The relevant code reads like this:
    $mail->attach(
        Type => 'message/rfc822',
        Disposition => 'attachment',
        Description => 'forwarded message',
        Data => $entity->as_string,
    );

Perhaps your local client is massaging the received message in some way.

Why don't you try forwarding a transaction to my address?